Mr. Abid, after a B.A in Political Science & European History and L.L.B from Punjab University became a professional Advocate of the Supreme Court having expertise in the field of Intellectual Property Rights. Mr. Abid has successfully participated in a training course on Enforcing and Evaluating Intellectual Property Rights in Europe at Munich, Germany in the year 2005 besides attending various workshops, seminars and training programs on Intellectual Property Rights organized by UNDP, ILU, IPO Pakistan, IFPI and MPA. . He is the Head of the Lahore Office of Ali & Associates as well as in-charge of Litigation Cell in the provinces of Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Mr. Abid has worked for 12 long years as Advocate at Shah’s Registration Law Chamber and carries with him a vast experience of over 15 years standing at the bar as a practicing Advocate handling variety of cases regarding infringement of piracy of trademarks, copyrights, patents and design in Tribunals, Copyright Board, High Courts of Lahore and Sindh.
He has also delivered lectures on Intellectual Property Laws at different Bar Associations of the country sponsored by United Nation Development Program and ILU Islamabad in 2007-08.
- Intellectual Property Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Protection
- Commercial Litigation
- Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan
- Lahore High Court Bar Association
- Pakistan Intellectual Property Rights Association (PIPRA)
- Lahore Bar Association
- Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- An advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan with 16 years standing at the Bar as a practicing Advocate, handling variety of cases regarding Intellectual Property Laws.
- Delivered Lectures on IP Laws at different Bar Associations of the Country sponsor by UN Development Program and ILU Islamabad in 2007-2008.
- Successful participation in training course on enforcing and evaluating IP Rights in Europe at Germany in 2005.
- Chairman IP Law Committee Lahore Bar Association since 2007.
- Executive member of Pakistan Intellectual Property Rights Association (PIPRA).
- University of Punjab (Bachelors of Law)
- University of Punjab (Political Science)
- University of Punjab (Bachelors of Arts)
2003 CLD 1531; 2004 CLD 1210; 2004 CLD 871; 2007 CLD 1189; 2008 CLD 105; 2006 CLD 892; MLD 2007; 2004 CLD 707.